10 July 2020
12:30 - 13:30
Hear examples of how Nuance and Microsoft are helping the NHS to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 and supporting new ways of working. Nuance partners with Microsoft to deliver Dragon Medical One, an AI-powered clinical speech recognition solution hosted on the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform. Cloud-based speech recognition can be deployed remotely and has been helping NHS Trusts, during the pandemic and beyond, to:
• Reduce the administrative burden of documentation for clinicians and releasing more time for patient care.
• Improve clinical safety in high-risk areas by enabling clinicians to enter notes directly into the EPR without having to remove their PPE.
• Mitigate the unavailability of administrative staff to transcribe clinical documents in the event of a significant amount of sickness or more working from home.
• Reduce time spent on transcription and to free-up time for administrative staff to focus on referral to treatment (RTT) management instead.
- Luke Stockdale, Director of Digital Transformation and Innovation, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Ian Nicholls, eHealth Transformation Manager, Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- Stephen Docherty, Industry Executive for Health, Microsoft
- Dr Simon Wallace, Chief Clinical Information Office, Nuance
Please find slides below