10 July 2020
12:30 - 13:30
Hear examples of how Nuance and Microsoft are helping the NHS to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 and supporting new ways of working. Nuance partners with Microsoft to deliver Dragon Medical One, an AI-powered clinical speech recognition solution hosted on the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform. Cloud-based speech recognition can be deployed remotely and has been helping NHS Trusts, during the pandemic and beyond, to:
• Reduce the administrative burden of documentation for clinicians and releasing more time for patient care.
• Improve clinical safety in high-risk areas by enabling clinicians to enter notes directly into the EPR without having to remove their PPE.
• Mitigate the unavailability of administrative staff to transcribe clinical documents in the event of a significant amount of sickness or more working from home.
• Reduce time spent on transcription and to free-up time for administrative staff to focus on referral to treatment (RTT) management instead.
- Luke Stockdale, Director of Digital Transformation and Innovation, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Ian Nicholls, eHealth Transformation Manager, Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- Stephen Docherty, Industry Executive for Health, Microsoft
- Dr Simon Wallace, Chief Clinical Information Office, Nuance
Please find slides below
Digital Health Webinar 10th FINAL
21 July 2020 @ 11:03
Excellent presentation, it sounds so innovative and exciting. I use voice recognition on my personal iPhone and using my Alexa device at home.
I can really see this working in healthcare settings to save time and money and allow nurses and doctors to be more efficient without all of the typing and clerical paperwork that comes their way currently.
9 July 2020 @ 09:46
Hi I w already registered but not received any details on how to join this meeting. Could you please send details