More than four-fifths of Digital Health News readers have said they believe the outbreak of Covid-19 will help speed up the adoption of digital tools across the NHS.
Digital Health News ran a poll following a flurry of reports which saw tools such as video consultations and online triage being cited as one way the health service could meet the unique challenges of coronavirus.
Of the 216 people who voted in our poll,187 (87%) thought Covid-19 would help speed up adoption of digital tools across the NHS. That means the remaining 13% (29) disagreed.
Since the coronavirus outbreak began sweeping the globe, a number of people have argued that digital tools could provide a solution.
This included Digital Health columnist Neil Paul, who said the spread of Covid-19 has given the NHS a “kick forward” in the need to accelerate technology and ensure staff are digitally prepared.
Other Covid-19 related news on Digital Health:
- Health tech suppliers offer support during coronavirus outbreak
- GPs urged to go digital to prevent spread of coronavirus
- COVID-19: More than one million access NHS 111 support for coronavirus
- NHS Digital to be handed more powers to help counter Covid-19 spread
- Sick notes to be automated through NHS 111 to prevent Covid-19 spread