Ten SMEs have been selected to take part in Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network’s (AHSN) digital health accelerator programme, Propel@YH.
Now in its third year, Propel@YH will be working with SMEs that have digital innovations to help the health and social care industry recover from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Each of the 10 SMEs has been selected because they have an innovation designed to help the NHS and social care organisations address health inequalities; support the workforce; enable patients to manage their long-term conditions; and support NHS priorities outlined in its operational planning guidance.
Companies on the programme will receive a six-month course of structured support and advice to help them accelerate growth and increase market presence.
A number of partners will help deliver advice, they are:
- Hill Dickinson (legal advice)
- Nexus (networking opportunities)
- University of Leeds (networking opportunities)
- Barclays Eagle Labs (funding guidance)
- Leeds City Council (networking opportunities).
Thrive by Design (formerly mHabitat) will once again curate and run the programme of masterclasses alongside the network. Additionally, the Yorkshire & Humber Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) will provide mentoring support in the form of 1-2-1 and group sessions.
Dr Neville Young, director of enterprise and innovation at the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN said: “We’re excited to launch this programme for a third year. All the innovator companies that have been chosen have innovations that can support the NHS post pandemic. We can’t wait to start working with them.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for the chosen SMEs to receive expert advice and guidance from the AHSN and our key partners, so they can navigate the NHS market, increase their presence in the region and spread their innovations for the benefit of those living and working in Yorkshire and the Humber. Our work with innovator companies is a central element of our role as we seek to encourage health innovation and stimulate growth in life sciences and industry across our region”
The inaugural Propel@YH was launched in January 2019, with the six chosen cohorts announced in May of that year.
The latest cohorts are:
- Chatterbug: A social enterprise supporting children and young people with speech and language difficulties.
- Genome: A digital health company developing advanced quality assurance and improvement software solutions.
- BookYourGP: a tool from Hummingbird Medical for GPs to organise complex medical care for patients.
- Heyr: A mental health chatbot app.
- PhysioBuddie: An online therapy service providing users with remote step-by-step progressive rehabilitation.
- SocialRx by Promatica: a complete digital management system for social prescribing.
- SORA: Syrona Health’s app supporting women with chronic gynaecological conditions.
- Vitacam: A tool transforming routine clinical observations from manual contact-based methods to contactless measurements from video.
- YourMeds: a smart medication management system to help people take their medication at the right time.
- Rewire: A system that uses data and clinical best practice to deliver personalised stroke therapy.