Twenty innovative companies poised to meet London’s NHS and social care challenges have been selected to take part in DigitalHealth.London’s flagship accelerator programme.
Now in its fifth consecutive year, the programme has provided support to a number of successful digital innovations now used in the NHS.
Many of the digital products and services currently providing vital innovation, support and capacity to the NHS during the response to Covid-19, have come through the accelerator programme, DigitalHealth.London said in a statement.
This year’s cohort features innovations from patient self-management tools and femtech, to digitising NHS processes as well as artificial intelligence and cutting-edge machine learning.
Jenny Thomas, programme director at DigitalHealth.London, said: “This year has been a defining moment for digital health as it has been at the forefront of the Covid-19 response and will continue to be part of our country’s recovery in the months and years ahead.
“These 20 SMEs are all ones to watch and we look forward to working with them and playing our part in supporting the NHS and social care through digital transformation.”
Tara Donnelly, chief digital officer at NHSX, added: “The DigitalHealth.London Accelerator is part of a digital revolution in the NHS that continues rapidly to develop, and we will continue to support innovative organisations delivering ground-breaking work.
“This programme has established itself as an important player in supporting the NHS and social care to make the most of the opportunities digital healthtech offers.”
One of the companies selected for the accelerator was a top four finalist in the 2020 Pitchfest competition held at the Digital Health Rewired conference and exhibition in March.
Feebris, an artificial intelligence platform, made it to the top four in the competition out of almost 100 entries.
The full list of SMEs selected for the 2020/21 DigitalHealth.London accelerator programme are:
- ART Healthcare Software – psHEALTH’s software enables efficient processing of patient referrals, improves capacity planning and patient access
- Concentric Health – a digital consent application, with remote consent functionality
- Feebris – an artificial intelligence powered platform that enables carers to conduct high quality check-ups in communities, triage health issues proactively, and escalate concerns to clinician
- Bleepa – Feedback Medical’s CE marked digital medical imaging communications tool that enables clinicians to view and discuss patient cases at the touch of a button
- FibriCheck – A certified solution for symptomatic/known atrial fibrillation patients, and a cost-effective, scalable detection tool for asymptomatic/intermittent patients
- getUBetter – an evidence-based, CE marked, digital self-management platform for all common musculoskeletal injuries and conditions
- EXi – an app that analyses user’s health and prescribes a personalised physical activity plan
- Mendelian – a software solution that supports earlier diagnosis of rare diseases
- Odin Vision – an artificial intelligence enabled application for endoscopy and aids endoscopists to detect and characterise polyps during colonoscopy procedures
- Oxehealth – a contact-free vision-based patient monitoring platform for use across inpatient and residential care facilities
- patientMpower – remote monitoring application across a range of pulmonary conditions, including pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, lung transplant and Covid-19
- Patients Know Best – a platform that allows patients and professionals to access healthcare records anytime, anywhere
- Peppy Health – app that provides health support through life’s big transitions, such as becoming a parent, going through the menopause or going through a fertility journey
- Phlo Digital Pharmacy – a rapid on-demand same-day pharmacy delivery service empowering patients to better manage their healthcare
- Regimen – a digital therapy for the 30% of men struggling with erectile dysfunction
- S12 Solutions – an app and website which helps Approved Mental Health Professionals (AMHPs) and s.12 doctors to efficiently complete Mental Health Act (MHA) processes
- Solutions 4 Health – a CQC registered provider of both lifestyle and clinical services using artificial intelligence, digital health and clinical healthcare
- Vantage Health – an artificial intelligence platform that transforms the referral process by helping clinicians to direct patients to the best care, based on pathway guidance
- PocDoc – a digital platform and associated tests from Vital Signs Solutions that allow individuals to test themselves for major diseases using their smartphone, with results available immediately, see a full health assessment and have access to follow on care where required
- VUI Diagnostics – a plug and play retinal screening device and companion software for simple, affordable and accurate retinal screening