The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Healthcare Accelerator has announced the first 12 innovative healthcare solution start-ups who will be joining the UK cohort of its programme.
The start-ups selected for the programme were picked from 117 applications spanning 13 countries. It’s the first UK-based accelerator programme from AWS, following successful schemes in the US.
The selected organisations will go through the four-week programme that aims to improve patient care, improve clinician experience, deliver better health outcomes and lower the cost of care.
- Dignio – an award-winning digital platform connecting patients and healthcare professionals
- Sapien Health – the world’s first digital clinic for surgery
- Dr Julian – a mental healthcare platform
- WYSA – aI-powered mental health support
- DDM Health – award-winning provider of digital therapeutics
- PEP Health – a patient experience platform using machine-learning tech
- Remedy Rx – a platform capturing the data that sits outside of the healthcare system to create a link between patients and their physicians
- Birdie – built-as-one tech platform for home care providers
- Infinity Health – a SaaS task management solutions for healthcare
- Abtrace – a platform acting as a data-driven layer sitting on top of EHRs to promote proactive interventions and earlier diagnosis
- C the Signs – a clinical system using AI to identify patients at risk of cancer early on
- Thymia – software to analyse speech, video and behavioural data to help assess mental health conditions.
Dignio’s managing director, Ewa Truchanowicz said: “We are delighted to have been selected for this highly competitive Accelerator. The breadth and variety of expertise made available via the programme is superb, and we look forward to increased growth in the UK and globally.”
Applications were judged by a panel from AWS and PUBLIC, a government-focused tech company, on a number of factors. These included the innovation and unique nature of the project the overall value the solution will bring to the healthcare industry; the creative application of Amazon Web Services to solve problems; and the team’s ability to deliver on an identified opportunity.
The accelerator programmes gives the chosen start-ups AWS Promotional Credits, specialised AWS training, mentoring from healthcare domain and technical subject matter experts, business development, go-to-market guidance and investment guidance. It also supports collaboration with healthcare industry leaders and opportunities with AWS customers and the AWS Partner Network partners who are looking for innovative healthcare solutions.