The best and brightest digital leaders from across the healthcare landscape have been recognised as the finalists for the 2022 edition of the Digital Health Awards are revealed.
The awards will be held in the evening of 14 July and celebrate the digital achievements of the leaders making the biggest contributions to UK healthcare IT.
Here are the finalists for the Digital Health Awards 2022:
CCIO of the Year
- Christopher Johnson, deputy medical director and CMIO, Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Peter Thomas, CCIO, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Michelle Webster, CCIO, Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust
CIO of the Year
- Diarmaid Crean, chief digital & technology officer, Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
- Stuart MacLellan, CIO, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Glenn Winteringham, chief digital officer, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
CNIO of the Year
- Prof Louise Hicks, CNIO, Barts Health NHS Trust
- Sarah Newcombe, CNIO, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
- Simon Noel, CNIO, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Digital CEO of the Year
- Navina Evans, CEO, Health Education England
- Richard Jenkins, Interim CEO, The Rotherham NHS FT; and CEO, Barnsley Hospital NHS FT
Future Digital Leader of the Year
- Louise Cave, Florence Nightingale fellow and digital trainee advanced clinical practitioner, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Sarah Hart, urology specialty doctor, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust
- Laura Mumby, head of EPR, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
Rising Star in Digital Nursing
- Emma Arrowsmith, digital matron, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Rob Ratcliffe, clinical lead for district nursing, Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Karen Redgate, SO3 Implementation, Defence Medical Services
The awards will take place on the middle night of Digital Health Summer Schools 2022 which is now in its ninth year. Summer Schools is a two-day residential event dedicated to local NHS IT leaders, focused on CCIOs, CIOs and CNIOs, plus future digital leaders.
The event, which is being held at the University of York on 15-16 July 2022, will explore the evolving challenges of being an effective digital leader in the NHS and the different dimensions of leadership roles, focussing on the networks, future leaders, nursing, diversity and equality and emerging leadership in the ICS space.