The finalists for the E-Health Insider Awards 2009 in association with BT have been announced.
The judging panel sifted through a record 200 entries from across the UK and then spent three days hearing submissions from shortlisted entrants before announcing their decision.
Linda Davidson, director of E-Health Insider and a member of the judging panel, said: “The judging was exhausting but hugely enjoyable.
“We saw some fantastic entries and great commitment and enthusiasm from those presenting them. The finalists show that good ideas and good project delivery are alive and well in healthcare ICT.”
The winners’ identities will remain a close secret until the awards ceremony on Tuesday 20 October, at the Grand Ballroom of the London Hilton on Park Lane in London W1. However, the finalists are:
Healthcare IM&T team of the year, sponsored by ASSIST:
- NHS Waltham Forest – RiO programme
- NHS Lothian – Lothian TRAK PMS implementation programme
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust – Implementation of a Clinical Information System
Best use of IM&T to promote patient safety, sponsored by First DataBank Europe:
- Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Psychotherapy/ITC Service ¬- Itinerant therapeutic community/out of hours service user-led e-support
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust – Development of the Electronic Discharge Document
- Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – Implementation of the Patientrack system
Best use of wireless healthcare, sponsored by Cisco:
- University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwick NHS Trust – Delivery of a VitalPAC project
- Southampton University Hospital Trust – Wireless Remote Access Programme
- York Hospitals NHS Trust – Using wireless phones in an emergency care setting
Best use of ICT in patient and citizen involvement in healthcare, sponsored by Microsoft:
- NHS Direct, Digital Public – Health and symptom checkers
Excellence in healthcare information management, sponsored by IMS Health:
- North Bristol NHS Trust – Business intelligence initiative
- Salford Royal Foundation NHS Trust & NHS Connecting for Health – Clinical dashboard for elderly care
- Audit Commission – Web-based National Benchmarker
Healthcare ICT product innovation, sponsored by Quicksilva:
- Panasonic – Toughbook Mobile Clinical Assistant
- BigHand – BigHand for BlackBerry smart phones
- MCP Systems Consultants & Walsall Hospitals NHS Trust – 3M RFID case note tracking system
Excellence in healthcare ICT service delivery:
- McKesson UK – McKesson Shared Services – University Hospitals of Leicester Payroll
- Wolverhampton City PCT – Delivering IT services across a PCT
- St Helen’s & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust – From paper to electronic health record management
Best use of telehealth and telecare, sponsored by iSOFT:
- Greater Manchester & Cheshire Cardiac & Stroke Network / Broomwell Healthwatch – Wireless telemedicine in primary care
- TeleMedCare; NHS Norfolk, Norfolk County Council; Barchester Health Group – Population-based Telemedcare
Innovation in healthcare interoperability, sponsored by InterSystems:
- Graphnet Health – Excellence in interoperability
- NHS Connecting for Health – GP2GP
- EMIS – EMIS Web
An overall winner, sponsored by BT, will also be announced on the night. As will the winner of the Healthcare ICT Champion of the Year.
This is a special category of the awards, sponsored by E-Health Insider, and your chance to recognise an individual who has made an outsanding contribution over the past year.